American Car Insurance
I’m Interested in Taking out Car Insurance for my American Vehicle: What Information Do I need to Proceed?
“>Taking out Insurance on any car requires a few details that we will need from you to get things started. This information is easy and will only take a few moments of your time. Once we get the details we need, you are on your way to cheap car insurance! The information is simple to understand and access and is listed below. Your information will determine the price you receive for your quote. Get started on your American car insurance savings and get covered today!
What we need from you:
- Details about the American Vehicle – Information related to your Car includes; make and model, year of registration, annual mileage as well as estimated value of the 4X4 you want to insure.
- Personal Details about You – We need some basic information about you. This includes your name, address, age, occupation, marriage status and a few other details.
- Drivers that will be using the Vehicle – How many people will be driving the vehicle? We will require the names and driving license numbers of any individuals that intent to use the vehicle.
- No Claims Discount (NCD) – Help us get you the best quote by giving us details on your No Claims and you will be discounted on the price you receive.
- Driving License History – We require your driver’s license details and a few other things to get you on your way to cheap car insurance!
Is Insurerr the Best place to get Insurance on my American Car?
In a word, yes! We know that you want your Car Insurance to be simple. You want your American car on the road as soon as possible and to be enjoying life on the road. You want the cheapest possible price and want it with no complications attached. Do you want to get a cheap quote on your existing American Car? Insurerr is here to help. Looking to price cover for a new American Car you have brought from the States? Insurerr is the place to go. If it’s anything in the world of Car Insurance, Insurerr is here for you. We pride ourselves on getting you the cheapest quote possible and are here to do just that.
The process of car insurance doesn’t need to be over complicated and that’s why we make it as easy for you as possible. We get you the cheapest quotes on the market and leave the savings to you. Our team of experts in the world of car insurance are qualified and knowledgeable in all aspects of insurance and are happy to guide you through the process. Our interest is getting you the best price for your American Car and to make it as easy as can be.
What Insurance Cover can I get for my American Car?
There are a few different types of cover but don’t worry, we are here to talk you through them to allow you to make the best choice. Whatever cover you need we can assist you with. Each policy type is explained I detail below to let you know what type of cover it is that you need. Have a browse through the options and weigh up the pros and cons of each. The option that you select the prices you receive so keep that in mind when making your decision. The types of cover are split into three category types, all offering different aspects of cover for your American Car. The types of cover are split into three policies: Third Party, Third Party Fire and Theft, Fully Comprehensive.
- Third party Insurance – If you want to drive your American Car on the roads here in the UK, third party car insurance is the minimum level of Insurance required by law. This type of insurance will cover you if you damage another person’s vehicle in an accident. Any other damages related to the incident such as compensating the other driver or passenger are also covered in this policy. The downside to this type of cover is that the Insurance does not cover the cost of any repairs that may be required on your own vehicle which may have been sustained from an accident. Theft and Fire damage are also not covered in the Third Party policy.
Third Party Insurance is traditionally taken out for cars which are older and cost less to buy outright. The policy is common amongst first time drivers who are inexperienced when it comes to road history. Although quotes may be cheaper with this type of cover, the range of protection is limited in comparison to the other polices. This is also dependent on the individual that intends on driving the car.
- Third Party Fire and Theft – Third Party Fire and Theft is a level up from a basic Third party policy. This policy has all the features of Third Party with a few additional ways in which you are covered. The cover extends to if your car is stolen or damaged by fire. The Third Party Fire and Theft policy is typically selected by those who want a more advanced cover to Third Party but perhaps don’t want to finance Fully Comprehensive cover as it may be dearer. This is typically a popular choice of cover for those who want cover for a car that is cheaper in value but still want to protection should the worst happen.
- Fully Comprehensive – Fully Comprehensive is the final type of policy and typically offers the most amount of protection. It includes all the features of Third Party Fire and Theft and adds more protection on top of the existing cover. This policy covers you if your vehicle is damaged in an accident. It also covers damage suffered by others as well as their vehicles. The cover you receive on your Fully Comprehensive policy is dependent on the driver and the details provided. Add-ons to Fully Comprehensive cover such as Breakdown cover are also available to make sure you are protected there as well.
The selection of which type of cover you are going to go for is now hopefully a simple process now that you know all about each. If there is anything that you don’t understand about taking out cover for your American Car, then have us guide you through the process.
Compare American Car Insurance Providers
Compare from 100s of insurance providers.
Need Your American Car Insured to Drive it in the UK?
The growth of American Cars on British shores has soared in the last few decades. British motorists are beginning to see the benefits of American-made vehicles and finding insurance cover for them is easy with Insurerr. The influx in U.S motors in the UK is the result of previously American exclusive cars being released in the United Kingdom. Cars such as the Ford Mustang and Lincoln Continental were previously unavailable on the British market unless you were able to ship it over to drive here. Nowadays the UK is able to experience a little piece of the American Dream on its own streets and motorways. Manufacturers have steadily begun releasing American Models which were once only found in the States.
How Can I Save Money on my American Car Insurance Policy?
No matter the type of vehicle, you want your Car insurance to be as cheap as possible. Here at Insurerr, we are happy to point you in the right direction.
One simple way to reduce the cost of your American Car is to keep the car the way it is without any modifications. Adding features to enhance the performance or look of your car is a way which is likely to increase the amount you pay for your cover. This also means agreeing to the mileage that is stated in your policy. The lesser you use the car, the cheaper the quote.
Another way is to keep the car as secure as possible. This means if you have an empty garage to keep your vehicle in, then store it there when you are not using the vehicle. Another way is to park your car in a secured parking area when you are at work or away from home. These are areas which you could drive the cost of your car insurance down. Have a look at a few more ways and get started saving!
American Car Insurance Age Limit
If you have ever had the pleasure of visiting the US and have tried to hire a car, you will find out a small detail that could be costly if you were not aware previously. If you are under 25 and wish to hire a car in America, the cost will be significantly dearer to someone aged over 25. In some cases, drivers under 25 have to pay double the charge in hiring an American car in comparison to a driver with the exact same driving license record who is over 25.
Taking out car insurance for American Cars on British roads may encounter similar difficulties. Some insurance companies place a minimum age of 25 if you are after cover for an American Car. Other issues which may be encountered are that your policy may only cover you if you drive the car in countries which are covered by your policy. Have a read through your American Car insurance policy to make sure you are protected should the worst happen.
Cost of Repairs for American Cars
A problem which may be encountered when taking out insurance on an American Car is the repairs that may be required. Some car insurance companies will be wary of giving cover as American Cars may not meet UK specifications when it was manufactured. There are American Car Insurance companies which specialise in granting cover for American Cars, which may be a route that you wish to explore. The reason for the repairs being at an inflated cost is that parts for an American Car may not be accessible in the UK and would need to be shipped from the States which would result in higher costs. The repair company which you need may also not have the skills or knowledge to install the parts if they have never tried to fit the parts.
Classic American Car Insurance Cover
A popular trend whether it’s for a wedding or leisure, is seeing more and more Classic American cars on the road. Classic American Cars can range from Dodge Chargers or Chevy Corvettes. Taking out cover for these Classics may actually be beneficial in comparison to a normal, everyday American Car. These cheaper quotes are the result of the extra care which an owner is likely to take with a Classic car. Another reason is that most Classic American Cars would be used sparingly, perhaps at special occasions only. This reduces the risk of an accident occurring and therefore lowers the premium of your cover.
Travelling in an American is a growing trend in the UK and with good reason. American Cars have many benefits from performance to looks, and taking out cover is easy with Insurerr and getting the best price is what we do. If you have had a read through our guide and still wish to proceed in taking out insurance on an American Car, let the experts at Insurerr help! Its quick and easy and could have you making savings instantly.
All we need from you is the details listed at the top of the page and you are good to go. Once you have entered these details, your work is done! Now all you have to do is sit back, relax and choose how much money you want to save! Look through the quotes we provide and select the one that suits your requirements best. Once you have found the offer that best suits you, simply follow the links and let the savings begin!
Our aim at Insurerr is to get you the cheapest car insurance for your American Car. By comparing car insurance companies, we hope that you are able to find the cover that you are after. Our business is cheap insurance and it’s what we do best.