British Holiday Home Insurance
What Information Do I need for British Holiday Home Insurance?
Taking out Insurance on any property can be a bit of a headache if you don’t know what you’re doing. That’s where Insurerr comes in. Our aim is to make it as hassle free for you and save you money at the same time. To get started, we do require a few details from our customers to give us an idea about you and your holiday home. These details are easy and will only take a couple of minutes to enter. Once you provide us with what we need, you are good to go! Have a look at the list below and have your details at the ready. Once you do that, sit back and let the savings commence! The details you enter will determine the quotes you receive so make sure you enter them accurately. Get started on your savings and get covered with your British Holiday Home Insurance today!
What we need from you:
- Details about the Holiday Home – This information relates to the home you wish to insure. Details such as address, year built, type of property are all needed.
- Personal Details– We need some basic information about you. This includes your name, age, occupation, marriage status and a few other details.
- Details About Cover – This section determines which type of policy you need. Find out more about types of cover below.
- Details about Current Home– We also need to know information about your current home. Address of property etc. are required.
Is Insurerr the Best place to get UK Holiday Home Insurance?
We are interested in saving you money on all matters insurance, all while providing excellent customer service during your time with us. Insurance of any kind can be a difficult endeavour, that’s why we have a team of highly trained, friendly staff that work around the clock to give you the service you deserve. The sooner you get insured, the sooner you can start enjoying your Holiday Home and make memories that last. Do not hesitate to ask us any questions or queries that you may have and we will make sure your insurance dealings are handled with your best interests. Cheap British Holiday Home insurance is what we do and why not find out how much you could save through Insurerr. We don’t over complicate things and know you’re your number one priority is making savings and we are more than happy to help you along the way. We get you the cheapest quotes out there to make sure you can enjoy your British Holiday Home!
What Type of Insurance Cover will I need for my Business Car?
When taking out any type of insurance, it is vital to know exactly what you are signing up to. After all, you don’t want any nasty surprises if anything bad was ever to happen. Making informative choices based on accurate knowledge is the foundation for taking out cover and we are here to make sure you understand everything in the world of British Holiday Home insurance. We will guide you through everything to make sure you make the best decision and make the most savings! What type of cover you need is dependent on to what extent you want to cover your Holiday Home. Each offers different levels of protection, which one you choose is entirely down to personal preference. The types of cover are split into 3 categories. They are Buildings and Contents, Buildings Only and Contents Only. Have a look at what each type of policy includes and decide which one best suits you!
- Buildings and Contents – This type of cover is the highest level of protection you can take out. Some Insurance providers offer a discounted price if combined cover is taken out. This policy covers everything in Buildings Only and Contents Only and combined both.
- Contents Only – This type of policy is taken out to protect assets that are kept in the holiday home. This ranges from carpets, curtains, TV’s, laptops and clothing. When submitting your details, you will be asked for a total value of all your contents. You might not keep anything particularly valuable in your holiday home, but it’s surprising how much it would cost to replace the contents. It is ill-advised to keep valuable contents in your Holiday Home, especially if it is unoccupied for long periods of time. The Quote you receive may put a limit on the value if an individual item or exclude certain goods if they are left in the property.
- Buildings Only – This type of policy covers any damage to the structure of your Holiday Home. This includes both internal and external structures such as sheds, garages, kitchens etc. The buildings insurance policy should cover the cost of rebuilding your home, including any outbuildings and swimming pools – and the rebuild value is not the same as the market value. If you have recently taken out a mortgage, the valuation should give a rebuild figure.
Why Do I need UK Holiday Home Insurance?
Most insurance companies do not cover holiday homes as standard because they are deemed too risky. This is mainly because they are often left unoccupied for significant periods of time. This means that without human presence, things that go wrong may go unnoticed for months and worsen the damage. Another reason is that if the house is being used by others either through letting or other means, it is more likely to be claimed against if it were the homeowners who were occupants.
For these reasons, Holiday Home insurance specifically covers second homes or holiday homes in the UK. It gives the owners a sense of protection if anything were to happen to the property. This protection can vary in level but even basic holiday home insurance is a good way to protect against anything harmful that may happen to the property.
British Holiday Home Insurance Quotes
Insure your British Holiday Home Today!
Everything You Need to Know About British Holiday Home Insurance
If you are lucky enough to own a UK Holiday Home, wanting to protect it from the worst is a wise investment. A holiday home is vulnerable to everything that a normal property is. They are sometimes deemed more vulnerable, especially if the location is accustomed to harsher weather conditions i.e. by the sea. Normal second home insurance policies usually do not cover Holiday Homes because they can be left unoccupied a lot of the time. Most insurance policies will consider the unoccupied if they go more than 30 days without occupants.
Holiday Homes in the UK are growing in popularity as people are finding value in only having to travel a few hours for a breakaway. Whether it’s by the sea or in the country, holiday homes are a great investment and can be visited all year round. Unfortunately, not everything goes as planned and taking out cover is a great way to protect your property should anything happen.
What Types of Additional Cover is Available for my British Holiday Home?
With any type of insurance, we know that you may want to protect yourself beyond the standard policies. We think this is a wise choice and the options are extensive and can be tailored to suit your individual requirements. The list of additions which taken out are as follows;
- Accidental damage – If you plan to let out your property, accidental damage can be useful. After all, guests are not always as careful as the owners and this protects you should anything happen.
- Home emergency cover – This allows the owners as well as occupants a telephone service that can be accessed 24 hours, 7 days a week. If something goes wrong with the property, a hotline will provide assistance.
- Loss of income – If you let your Holiday Home out and cannot do so due to circumstances out of your control i.e. storm damage, this cover will reimburse you for any earnings that you are likely to miss out on.
- Alternative accommodation – Your insurer will cover the cost of placing your guests in alternative accommodation if your property is uninhabitable due to unforeseen circumstances.
- Public liability insurance – This covers you if any deaths or injuries occur to a third party while in your property.
When taking out any extra cover, make sure you read the small print in your policy to make sure you know exactly what you are signing up for. By adding extra cover your premiums will likely increase due to the additional protection.
How Can I Get Cheaper British Holiday Home Insurance?
Our job is to provide you with the cheapest quotes for your British Holiday Home Insurance on the market. We look at hundreds of insurance companies and give you the best value for money when it comes to insurance. There are a few things that you can do, however. Adjusting the details below may result in cheaper premiums and could save you even more cash! Have a look at some of the ways that you could reduce your costs when it comes to British Holiday Home cover.
First and foremost, let Insurerr help. By shopping around, we are able to find the best quotes that are available to you for your Holiday Home. By comparing these prices, you are able to find out which policy protects you the most and offers you the biggest savings. When comparing, be sure to have a look at the fine print to make sure you understand everything that is included and excluded from your cover.
Keeping your Holiday Home as secure as possible is another way which will improve the quotes you receive. Have a look at the security of your Holiday Home and ask yourself whether it could be improved upon. These adjustments could include alarm systems, secure door locks and a host of other additions that will make your holiday home as secure as it can be.
When you are taking out cover, try adjusting the excess to find out how much you could save on your payments. By increasing the excess amount, you are able to pay less either monthly or annually. This tip expands to all insurance covers and can be a real money saver.
Looking after your UK Holiday Home is a factor is the premiums that you receive. Maintaining the home to make sure that no faults occur such as frozen pipes is a way you can reduce your costs. If you are unable to access your Holiday Home regularly, find out if there is anyone willing to loom after your Holiday Home to make sure it is in tip-top condition.
Deciding to choose one specific insurance company is another way that savings can occur. By opting for the combined cover of buildings and contents, you are likely to be discounted in comparison to someone who buys cover for buildings with one company and buys contents from another.
If you are interested and able to pay your policy annually instead of monthly, you will save money. Rather than having to spend each month from your earnings, adjust your budget o allow you to pay it in a lump sum at the start date of the cover.
We know that protecting your British Holiday Home is essential and it help you to sleep at night knowing you are covered should anything bad happen. Keeping an eye on the future of your Holiday Home is not a bad idea and neither is Holiday Home insurance. Finding quotes with Insurerr is quick, easy and hassle free. Within minutes we could have the best quotes I front of you. All you have to do is decide how much money you want to save on your UK Holiday Home cover!