If I want to take out Classic Car Insurance, What Do I Need?
It couldn’t be simpler. All we need is a few details from you about you, the vehicle and your driving history. This will only take a few seconds to plug in and once you do, you are well on your way to making savings with Insurerr. The information which you provide us with will determine the premiums which you receive. Once you provide us with all your details, we do the comparing and get back to you will the potential savings! Once you have had a look through, make a decision based on which cover best suits you. Get started on your Classic Car Insurance today and make sure you protect your most prized possession!
What we need from you:
- Details about the American Vehicle – Information related to your Car includes; make and model, year of registration, annual mileage as well as estimated value of the car you want to insure.
- Personal Details about You – We need some basic information about you. This includes your name, address, age, occupation, marriage status and a few other details.
- Drivers that will be using the Vehicle – How many people will be driving the vehicle? We will require the names and driving license numbers of any individuals that intent to use the vehicle.
- No Claims Discount (NCD) – Help us get you the best quote by giving us details on your No Claims and you will be discounted on the price you receive.
- Driving License History – We require your driver’s license details and a few other things to get you on your way to cheap car insurance!
Is Insurerr the Best place to get Business Car Insurance?
We have your insurance needs at heart and will do all we ca to make sure you save as much money as possible. We know that you want value for the cover that you receive and by comparing hundreds of insurance companies we know that you will get the protection you are looking for. We know that you want your Classic Car on the road as soon as possible and don’t want the insurance side of things to be a hassle. That’s why comparing insurers is quick and easy with Insurerr and before you know it you will be covered, hitting the road and turning heads. If it’s anything in the world of Car Insurance, Insurerr is here for you. We pride ourselves on getting you the cheapest quote possible and are here to do just that. The process of Classic Car insurance doesn’t need to be confusing and that’s why we make it easy for all involved. We get you the cheapest quotes out there to you without any complications!
What Insurance Cover can I get for my Classic Car?
There are a few different types of cover when it comes to Classic Car insurance but don’t worry, we are here to talk you through them to allow you to make the best choice. Assessing the value of a classic car can be far more difficult than working out what a modern car is worth. When you are buying your policy be sure to discuss the value of the car with your insurer as some are listed as ‘market value’. Make sure an agreed valuation is given that is a true reflection of the price of the car. Whatever cover you need we can assist you with. Each policy type is explained in detail below to let you know what type of cover it is that you need. The types of cover are split into three policies: Third Party, Third Party Fire and Theft, Fully Comprehensive.
- Third party Insurance –This type of insurance will cover you if you damage another person’s vehicle in an accident. Any other damages related to the incident such as compensating the other driver or passenger are also covered in this policy. The downside to this type of cover is that the Insurance does not cover the cost of any repairs that may be required on your own vehicle which may have been sustained from an accident. Theft and Fire damage are also not covered in the Third Party policy.
- Third Party Fire and Theft – Third Party Fire and Theft is a level up from a basic Third party policy. This policy has all the features of Third Party with a few additional ways in which you are covered. The cover extends to if your car is stolen or damaged by fire. This is a popular choice as it given a reasonable amount of protection.
- Fully Comprehensive – Fully Comprehensive is the final type of policy and typically offers the most amount of protection. It includes all the features of Third Party Fire and Theft and adds more protection on top of the existing cover. This policy covers you if your vehicle is damaged in an accident. It also covers damage suffered by others as well as their vehicles. The cover you receive on your Fully Comprehensive policy is dependent on the driver and the details provided. Add-ons to Fully Comprehensive cover such as Breakdown cover are also available to make sure you are protected there as well.
Classic Car Insurance Quotes
Insure your classic car today with insuerr.
What is Defined as a Classic Car?
There is no hard and fast definition of what a Classic Car exactly is, however, there are a few criteria which most insurers consider. The general ruling is that if a car is more than 15 years old and worth in excess of £15,000, it is considered a Classic Car. This may vary depending on the insurer so be sure to check before going ahead with any cover. Classic Car insurance can be typically cheaper although the definition of what qualifies can change from company to company. Another common way of defining a car a Classic is that if the model has an owners club dedicated to it, it qualifies. This is not a concrete ruling of course but can be used in a judgement in what is and what is not a Classic Car. Because Classic Cars are valued by the owner, the actual value of the car may be misinterpreted by the individual who owns it. While classic car owners could choose to insure their classic car with a general insurance provider if they wish, it’s not usually a good idea to do so. When taking out cover consider;
- Agreeing on a valuation for your Classic Car with the insurance company. To receive a fair price, provide evidence from classic car experts on the matter. Ask for the opinion of those in the know and make sure you receive a fair price for your car.
- You might also want to consider that some vintage cars increase in value as time goes by. Be sure that your chosen insurer is willing to review and, if appropriate, increase the agreed valuation on your classic car on a regular basis.
- It’s also important to check the replacement parts policy of your insurer. No doubt you’ll want to ensure that you’ll be covered for the purchase of authentic replacement parts for your car, should it need to be repaired.
How much does Classic Car Insurance Cost?
Insurance companies tend to give out more value in Classic Car policies as the make the assumption that the vehicle will be used sparingly. The also assume that the owner will take good care of the car and look after it carefully. For these reasons, Classic Car insurance policies are typically cheaper, even in comparison to modern cars that are valued the same. Most Classic Car policies will include a mileage car which is not expected to be exceeded. If you do you must make arrangements to have it extended to make sure you are covered. If you do this, then you do not risk a payout if an accident occurs and you have gone over the agreed mileage for that year.
How Do I find Cheap Classic Car Insurance?
With any kind of car insurance, there are certain ways which can influence the premiums which are given. Some of these are universal and can be applied to all cars. Some, however, are specific to Classic Cars and knowing them could drastically increase your savings. The first one is something that we do for you. Compare Car Insurance! It’s what we do best and by doing so could save you a chunk of money. Simply renewing your policy year after year with the same provider could be costing you hundreds of extra pounds a month that you don’t have to be paying. By having a look at what’s out there you can judge if you are getting value for money with your current policy or whether it is time for a change. Here are a few more useful tips when it comes to keeping the costs low on your Classic Car insurance;
- Premiums are lower if the car isn’t used often, so choosing a lower maximum annual mileage could help keep costs down. Be sure to stick to it though to make sure you are covered in any circumstance.
- Keep the car for personal use only. Classic Cars are often used for shows and conventions. The more the car is out there, the more chance of something happening to it. Take it out and enjoy when you really want to and you will rake in the savings!
- If the car is only driven at a particular time of year, i.e. Summer, the cost of your premiums will be lowered. When it’s not in use the miles stay as they are which will have an effect on the quotes you receive.
- Find out about any clubs that your Classic Car belongs to. Many classic car clubs provide insurance discount deals for their members. Joining a club could provide car owners with an insurance discount as well as lots of useful information on the car.
Why Choose Insurerr?
There is nothing better than driving a Classic Car on a summers night. The nostalgia, the memories are all part of that Classic Car experience. We know that you want to keep your car as long as you can and that means protecting it. Taking out Classic Car insurance is a fantastic idea for classic car enthusiasts and could it couldn’t be easier with Insurerr. Have a look at the discounts we have saved our customers when it comes to car insurance and join them in rejoicing with the amount of money they have saved thanks to Insurerr. Our goal is a simple one. Save you money on your insurance. We look at hundreds of providers across the nation to find you the best value for money that is out there. To get the savings started, let Insurerr handle your Classic Car Insurance and join the hundreds who have already made savings!
To get started simply scroll back up to the top of the page and find out what we need from you. Once you have the details ready to go, enter them into the respective areas. Once you do that we will process them and get to work in finding hundreds of insurers ready to offer you savings. This is all done in a matter of seconds and could be what saves you time and money! Have a look at what the insurers are offering you and pick the best quote that suits your requirements. Once you have chosen get out your calculator and find out just exactly how much you have saved!
Taking out cover for your Classic Car is easy with Insurerr and once you get the insurance out of the way, you are free to enjoy your car and everything about it. If you have any questions or queries relating to Classic Car insurance or insurance in general, do not hesitate to get I touch with us and we will be happy to guide you through the process. Insurance shouldn’t be over complicated and with Insurerr it really isn’t! Get a quote on your Classic Car today!