If I want to take out Van Insurance, What Do I Need?
Taking out Van Insurance couldn’t be simpler with Insurerr. All we need is a few details from you about you, the vehicle and your driving history and we will get to work on saving you money. The information which you provide us with will determine the premiums which you receive, so make sure all information is accurate and up to date.
Once you provide us with all your details, we do the comparing and get back to you will the potential savings! Once you have had a look through, make a decision based on which cover best suits you and your requirements. Get started on your Cheap Van Insurance today and make sure you protect your vehicle at an affordable cost.
- Details about the Vehicle – Information related to your Van includes; registration, make and model, year of registration, annual mileage, estimated value and a few more details.
- Personal Details about You – We need some basic information about you. This includes your name, address, age, occupation, marriage status and a few other details.
- Drivers that will be using the Vehicle – How many people will be driving the vehicle? We will require the names and driving license numbers of any individuals that intent to use the vehicle.
- No Claims Discount (NCD) – Help us get you the best quote by giving us details on your No Claims and you will be discounted on the price you receive.
- Driving License History – We require your driver’s license details and a few other things to get you on your way to cheap van insurance!
What Type of Insurance Cover can I get for my Van?
There are a few different types of cover when it comes to taking out Van insurance but don’t worry, we are here to talk you through each of them to make sure you make an informed decision. Each policy type is explained in detail below to let you know what type of cover it is that you need. The types of cover for Van Insurance are split into three policies: Third Party, Third Party Fire and Theft, Fully Comprehensive.
- Third party Insurance –This type of insurance will cover you if you damage another person’s vehicle in an accident. Any other damages related to the incident such as compensating the other driver or passenger are also covered in this policy.
- Third Party Fire and Theft – Third Party Fire and Theft is a level up from a basic Third party policy. This policy has all the features of Third Party with a few additional ways in which you are covered. The cover extends to if your Van is stolen or damaged by fire.
- Fully Comprehensive – Fully Comprehensive includes all the features of Third Party Fire and Theft and adds more protection on top of the existing cover. This policy covers you if your van is damaged in an accident. It also covers damage suffered by others as well as their vehicles. Additional types of cover such as Breakdown cover are also available to make sure you are protected over and above your standard policy.
What Type of Insurance Cover will I need for my Business Car?
How you use your van does indeed affect how much you will be quoted for your cover. We know that some use their van as part of their job while others make personal use of their vehicle. The ways a van is normally used is divided into three categories, all of which will alter the level of protection you receive as well as the premiums. The three categories are;
- Social only – If you don’t use your van or pickup for anything work related, you’ll only need social cover.
- Own goods – If you’re using your van to carry your own goods, tools and other work equipment, a commercial van policy might suit you best.
- Haulage – If you use your van to transport other people’s goods, or get paid to move cargo, you’ll need a policy that covers you for haulage, such as courier or goods in transit cover.
Van Insurance Quotation
Insure your van by comparing from 100s of providers.
Can I Take out Additional Cover on my Van Insurance?
You can take out added cover to make sure that you are protected in a variety of ways. Doing so is a wise decision and one which many van drivers choose to go for. Most insurers will offer these extras on top of your existing cover. It will impact the price of your policy, however, the additional cover is likely to give you the peace of mind that you are covered should anything happen. The range of extras which are typically offered alongside van insurance are;
- Legal coverwill take care of some legal costs as a result of an accident.
- Courtesy vansare temporary vehicles so you can get back on the road if your van is out of action.
- Breakdown coverisn’t a legal requirement but can save a lot of hassle and keep you on the job at hand.
- Public liabilitywill cover you against claims from members of the public who’ve been injured as a result of your actions at work.
- Tool insurancewill cover the equipment you might keep in your van, against theft.
Why Choose Insurerr?
We know everything there is to know about Insurance. We pride ourselves on the knowledge we have obtained over the years and are as reliable as any insurance comparison business out there. Not only are we able to offer you over 50 types of cover, we are able to give you information to make sure our customers know exactly what it is they are purchasing. Van insurance is no different and if you still have any questions or queries, let us know and we will be happy to guide you through the process.
Van insurance Quotes don’t have to be over complicated and with Insurerr we make it simple to understand. Our aim is to save our customers as much on their insurance, get yourself a quote and find out how much you could be saving today!